sad love poems that make you cry

sad love poems that make you cry #1

How You Do It

Sometimes I wonder how you do it.
How can you sit back and watch yourself hurt someone so bad and not feel any guilt.
You say things to me, about me, or behind me.
And you still look at me the same way.
With those eyes of green searching for the answers inside me.
You want to know everything.
You want to know how I feel
And if I am truly hurting inside.
You just have to ask.
And I’ll tell you.
I’ll tell you that you were the first boy I ever loved.
You were the one who took my heart and locked it inside of yours.
You placed my fingers in between each of yours.
And in the end,
You took that heart and you shredded it to pieces.
You could have just ripped it in half.
Then it would be easier to put back together.
But instead,
You tore it.
Piece by piece you shredded it.
And no one can fix it.
No one wants to.
Because they look at what you made me.
A girl with permanent tears painted on my face.
I am now just an empty void.
There is no desire to want to love again.
Because now there is only the fear of ruining
what I have tried so hard to build up.


***


How It Used To Be
© Melanie Edwards
I remember how it used to be
when nothing else matter but you and me
music, country roads, and future dreams.

I miss you, I wish you could see
although you are here, I miss you and me.

I remember when you said how happy I made you
and you really meant it...now, it's just a phrase
you say without thinking.

I miss those days when you'd call just to say "hi"
or "I love you"...the days it was so hard
just to say good-bye for a while.

I remember how wonderful it felt the first time
you held me in your arms-and how after all those
years you still made my heart melt.

I miss the old you- and the old me
The old us that could just sit and talk for hours
and never run out of things to say.

I remember when time simply stood still-
when in each other's arms is the only place
we wanted to be...forever.

I miss us as I remember how it used to be...
when nothing else matter but you and me.


***

sad love poems that make you cry #3

Two Countries

Two countries like shadows
fight every day
without end
cold and cruel
one the other.
They are linked with a chain
but the rings are rusty.
They burden and crawl the souls,
bleeding the once common dreams.
Some thoughts, similar actions and reactions
permanent battles without winner
because the opponents have the same character.
And where this battle will lead,
No one knows.
Truth and lie become one
swearing enemies till the end.
Endless games of pain and revenge
but without reason.
Egoisms and reactions
dumb reminders of a forgotten vow.
But look, they are fighting again
silently, with piercing looks
that hide words sharp as knives,
and bleed their hearts.
Two countries like shadows
fight every day.