best friend poems that make you cry

best friend poems that make you cry #1

One Life We Lead

The biggest risk a heart can take,
A second chance, it’s there to make.
Turned into three, there can’t be four,
Gone from your life, if it turns more.

I can’t rule your life for you,
The choice is yours, with what to do.
Though if it comes, please spare me this,
Your love for me cannot exist.

Inside I have, but nothing left,
In times of love, it feels like death.
It’s taken more than I first knew,
I had to give, my strength it’s through.

I’m only human, man and boy,
Don’t treat me like I’m just a toy.
I hope from now, you’ll think of me,
Through distance, love, brutality.

One life we lead, to walk this land,
At times it’s hard, at times it’s grand.
Mistakes we’ll make, through them we grow,
It’s far too hard to see you go.

If you do care, then I believe,
We’ll make it through, this time to grieve.
And out the other side we’ll go,
Through, thick, through thin, through rain through snow.

The future comes, the past, forgot,
Dishonesty, it starts to rot.
No lies be told, we start as new,
From you to me, from me to you.

One year, it’s down, though not through ease,
Two more, we can, we must, I plead.
Please keep these thoughts so you can see,
How much in life, you mean to me.

Emily.
I love you.
I forgive you.
But don’t take advantage of that.

***

A Love To Call My Own

I knew from the beginning
That you were just a flirt,
But yet I fell in love with you
Knowing I'd be hurt.

I thought that I could tie you down
And make you love just one
But how could I do something
No one else had ever done.

I know you'll never love me
And I'm trying not to cry
For I must find the strength somehow
To kiss your lips goodbye

When you ask for me again
You'll find I won't be there
I want a love to call my own
Not one I have to share.

For I must hide my broken heart
Beneath a laughing face
And though you think I never cared
No one can take your place

***

best friend poems that make you cry #3

Broken When You Left

Baby I guess it was never meant to be,
I miss what we used to be,
but baby can't you see that I'm dying,
I've spent all of my lonely nights crying,
making myself believe it's not true
and end up waking in the morning without you,
my heart seems to shatter every time I hear your voice,
reminding me of what we had, and your stupid choice
I wish I had never made that stupid decision,
the one that changed my life forever,
I wish I could still make you see,
how much you meant to me,
it’s too late for me to say I love you,
you’ve already moved on,
I was just an innocent girl looking for love,
you were just a boy looking for a sign,
to go back to what you had before,
and I was what made you realize,
that you needed her more